Elizabeth Kipp discusses grief as a chronic pain experience on the Tendrils of Grief Podcast with Susan Ways.
Here are the key takeaways from the show:
- Elizabeth shares her grief story which is linked to her history of chronic pain.
- Elizabeth shares vulnerable information about how chronic pain affects our population.
- Learn not to judge your experiences.
- Elizabeth suffered several losses and she has no place for closure until all those pending matters came back for her to properly process.
- Every time we think and talk about the people we lost, they are back with us.
- Who you are is that which can never be taken away from you.
- Elizabeth shares pieces that she wrote about her grief experience.
- Let grief pass through you, change, mold you, and prove how love is embedded in you.
- Not one grief is like another.
- Getting perspective is so important, detaching from the physical plane and connecting to the spiritual one gives a different point of view.
- Elizabeth explains why her approach to grief and chronic pain is unique.
- Elizabeth shares three takeaways around grief – in the end, grief is a profound exaltation of our capacity for love.