Elizabeth had a powerful conversation with Cierra Cobb of EmancipateNC for her podcast, Black Light Mass Incarceration Show. Check out the episode “Trauma Response Therapy – Special Guest Elizabeth Kipp.’ Listen here.
Here is the summary of the episode:
Welcome to Black White Mass Incarceration.
- Introduction to Black Light Mass Incarceration Show.
- About Cierra Cobb and what she does.
- Yoga and polyvagal theory for healing historical trauma.
- The polyvagal theory of trauma.
The 10th cranial nerve is called the vagus nerve.
- The 10th cranial nerve, the vagus nerve.
- The threat assessment system and social engagement system.
- How to handle the social engagement piece of it.
- The first thing to do in conversation.
Why it’s so important to keep your vagus nerve regulated.
- The polyvagal theory.
- The importance of keeping the vagus nerve balanced and regulated.
- Breathing is the quickest way to come back into regulation.
- Connecting the mind and body.
When we get activated the amygdala in the brain, the old reptilian part of the brain gets activated and it’s so powerful.
- The amygdala in the brain gets activated when activated.
- The importance of a regular daily practice.
- Trauma is not what happens to you, but what happens inside.
- Injustice and trauma.
Addiction is a disease of disconnection.
- Addiction is a disease of disconnection, trauma and disconnection.
- Three levels of disconnectedion.
- Report a police encounter with the us
- Crowdsourcing police misconduct.
- Turning within and telling you to.
- The hierarchy of healing, nervous system, connection and connection.
You can’t separate mind, body and spirit all at once.
- Healing chronic pain and getting clear from medicine.
- Mind, body, spirit and body.
- Three types of pain, physical, mental and spiritual.
- Recovery from addiction.
The importance of nutrition and exercise in recovery.
- The importance of nutrition and movement in healing from addiction.
- Yoga and stretching.
- How nutrition, exercise and yoga can improve mental health.
- How meditation can help with trauma.
Positive affirmations are at the reason level of the body.
- Meditating with positive thoughts and daily affirmations.
- Never complete a negative thought about yourself.
- The hierarchy of healing, regulation, sense of belonging.
- Negative thoughts are like velcro in the brain.
Ancestral trauma and what it does to the body.
- Ancestral trauma and what it does to the body.
- The importance of ancestral healing.
- One of the five techniques used by the cleric.
- Forgiveness and release.
“Help All of You to Forgive Each Other”.
- Forgiveness for all hurts and wrongs.
- Forgive each other and yourself.
- Ancestral clearing, healing, empowerment, integrity and peace.
- How Elizabeth feels after listening to this episode.
- Ancestral trauma training from john newton.
- The greatest healer in life is within you.\